HONEYSONG PURPLE STOKES ASTER is an excellent perennial to add to your landscape for summer color. This perennial is a native North American wildflower. Flowers on this plant grow to a size of up to 4 inches wide. The petals have long, slender, serrated edges that are rich in purple. Stamens are bright white and contrast the petal color nicely. Flowers can be deadheaded to encourage new growth. This flower also does well as fresh cut decor. Honeysong Purple Stokes Aster is mildew and rust resistant, making it an active choice for planting. Honeysong Purple Stokes Aster is also deer resistant.
Honeysong Purple Stokes’ Aster
Stokesia laevis ‘Honeysong Purple’
Plant Type- Perennial Flower
Flower Color- Light Purple with Yellow Center
Foliage Color- Green
Growth Habit- Round
Growth Rate- Fast
Light- Part Shade to Full Sun
Details- Fast growing and compact late summer bloomer.
Pruning- Cut to the ground in the fall to encourage new spring growth.
Other Aster plant options.
- Alma Potschke New England Aster
- Blue Danube Stokes’ Aster
- Blue Star Japanese Aster
- Color Wheel Stokes’ Aster
- English Countryside New England Aster
- Farmington™ Michaelmas Daisy
- Jim Crockett™ False Aster
- Klaus Jelitto Stokes’ Aster
- Moench Frikarti Aster
- Peachie’s Pick Stokes’ Aster
- Prince Calico Aster
- Professor Kippenburg Dwarf Aster
- Purple Dome New England Aster
- Purple Parasols Stokes’ Aster
- Triumph Aster
- Vibrant Dome New England Aster
- Wood’s Blue New York Aster
- Wood’s Pink New York Aster
- Wood’s Purple New York Aster